Pure Flexible Graphite Packing with High Carbon Fiber At The Four Corner
Pure Flexible Graphite Packing With High Carbon Fiber At The Four Corner
An universal low-chloride packing for valves and pumps in high pressure and high temperature duty. Can be used as a substitute for asbestos in all applications. Notable for its high flexibility and adaptability. It is wear-resisrtant yet gentle on valve stems and pump shafts. A packing that is particularly well suited for use in power stations and chemical plants.
Design: Braided packing made of expanded pure graphite with structural textil fibres. High cross-sectional density and structural strength.
|STYLE 5600 can be used in many demanding applications, both dynamic and static.|
Particularly suited for high temperature and high pressure service in valves, pumps, expansion joints, mixers and agitators of pulp and paper, power station and chemical plant etc.
|Temp.℃||-200 to + 550|
Pure Flexible Graphite Packing With High Carbon Fiber At The Four Corner has excellent wear resistance. Resistance to shaft scorching & expelling. It can be used for static seal packing in pumps & valves, vessels under high temperature & high pressure. Carbon fibre graphite packings can be used in petrochemicals, refining plants, paper & pulps, power station & many more industries.
|Regular:3m, 8m, 1kg, 1 pound, 2.5kg, 2.5 pound, 5kg, 5 pound,10kg, 10 pound.|
|Other packages are available on request|
1. What is your MOQ?
MOQ may vary by customer's special requirement; we try our best to meet your business requirement.
2. What's your payment terms?
We normally do T/T, and we can also offer western union account for transfer money. And more flexible payment terms, welcome to have a discuss.
3. Can you provide samples?
Yes, we can offer samples, and some samples are free
4. Can you delivery by express?
Yes, we can delivery by any express.
5. When will the sample be ready?
Normally, the sample can be ready in 3 days.
Valve packing installation and adjustment method：
1. The required tools require special tools when replacing the old packing and replacing it with a new one, and pre-tightening the cap nut with a fastener. In addition, standard safety facilities and related safety regulations must be used frequently. Before installation, first familiarize yourself with the following equipment: the cutting machine for the packing ring, the torque wrench or wrench, the safety helmet, the internal and external calipers, the lubricant of the fastener, the mirror, the packing extractor, and the cutting root. Cutters, vernier calipers, etc.
2. Cleaning and inspection 1) Slowly loosen the gland nut of the stuffing box to release all residual pressure in the packing assembly; 2) Remove all old packings and thoroughly clean the packing box of the shaft/rod; 3) Check the shaft /rod for corrosion, dents, scratches or excessive wear; 4) Check other parts for burrs, cracks, and abrasion, which will reduce the life of the packing; 5) Check if the stuffing box has excessive clearance and the shaft / eccentricity of the rod; 6) replacement of parts with large defects; 7) inspection of the old packing, as a basis for failure analysis, to find the cause of early failure of the packing.
3. Measure and record the diameter of the shaft/rod, the pore size and depth of the stuffing box, and record the distance from the bottom of the stuffing box to the top when sealing with water.
4. Select the packing 1) Make sure that the selected packing should meet the operating conditions required by the system and equipment; 2) Calculate the cross-sectional area of the packing and the number of packing rings required according to the measurement record; 3) Check the packing To ensure that it is free of defects; 4) Ensure that the equipment and packing are clean before installation.
5. Preparation of the packing ring 1) The braided packing is wound around the appropriate size of the shaft, or a calibrated packing ring cutter is used; the cuttings are cleanly cut into butt (square) or mitered according to requirements ( 30-45 degrees), cut a ring at a time, and check if the size is appropriate with a shaft or stem. 2) Molded packing ensures that the size of the ring is precisely matched to the shaft or stem and, if necessary, the packing ring is cut according to the packing manufacturer's instructions or requirements.
6. Install the packing. Carefully install one packing ring at a time. Wrap each ring around the shaft or valve stem. Before installing the next ring, make sure that the ring is completely seated in the stuffing box. The next ring Should be staggered, at least 90 degrees apart, generally requiring 120 degrees. After the top ring is installed, tighten the nut by hand and press the cover evenly. If there is a water seal ring, check that it is at the correct distance from the top of the stuffing box. Also ensure that the shaft or stem is free to rotate.
7. Adjust the packing 1) Pump packing (1) continue to tighten the gland nut by hand; (2) After opening the pump, adjust the gland nut, allowing a little more leakage at this time; (3) Slowly tightening the pressure Cover the nut and gradually reduce the leakage until the leak reaches an acceptable level; (4) If the leak suddenly stops, re-tighten the cap nut and readjust it to prevent the packing from overheating; (5) Adjust the leak rate to a stable state. . 2) Consult the packing manufacturer or the technical department of the valve for the torque specification or compression percentage. Tighten the gland nuts as follows: (1) Apply torque to the gland nut to 30% of full torque or The percentage of compression of the party; (2) repeatedly opening and closing the valve several times, applying full torque when the valve is in the closed position; (3) repeating step (2) 3 or 4 times.
8. Retighten and replace. After several hours of operation, check the adjustment of the gland and tighten if necessary. When the gland cannot be further adjusted, the packing must be replaced.