The factors affecting PTFE gaskets are as follows
1. The sealing properties of the manufactured PTFE gaskets are different for different materials. The soft plastic material is easy to cause ductility or plastic deformation under the action of the catheter, which is conducive to sealing, so that the operating channel for filtering fluid leakage is conducive to sealing, but the soft plastic material cannot withstand the influence of high-pressure hydrodynamics, and the corrosion resistance of the gasket material , Temperature resistance and relative density will affect the sealing of PTFE gasket.
2. The medium that needs to be sealed: the temperature of the medium directly affects the sealing performance of the Teflon gasket to play a better sealing role. It is necessary to select the seal according to the actual sealing medium temperature, pressure, PH value, acidity and alkalinity Gasket material, such as sealant-BD 7701 PTFE gas sealing material.
3. The condition of the sealing surface. The shape of the sealing surface has a certain influence on the sealing performance, and the smooth surface is conducive to sealing. Soft gaskets, such as PTFE gaskets, non-asbestos gaskets, and non-asbestos gaskets, due to their easy-to-deform characteristics, the surface roughness has little effect on the sealing performance; for hard gaskets, the surface condition has a continuous impact on the sealing performance. The wider the contact width between the sealing surface and the gasket, the better the sealing effect. However, under the same compressive force, the contact width and height, the smaller the seal specific pressure. Therefore, when selecting the sealing material, it should be selected according to the actual situation.
4. The temperature at the place of use. The location of use will also affect the sealing of the PTFE gasket, where the temperature change is more obvious, which will directly affect the sealing performance of the gasket and cause leakage.
5. External factors, such as the vibration of the piping system software, the deformation of the connecting parts and the displacement of the installation location, are the reasons for the additional force of the hydraulic seal, thus adversely affecting the seal. Especially during vibration, the friction between the protruding surfaces will cause regular changes, loosening the connecting foot bolts, resulting in seal failure. Vibration is caused by the outside, but also by the hydrodynamic flow inside the system.